Cassandra assists with a variety of needs, including:
- Educate patients about individual cancer diagnosis, treatment options, and financial implications
- Coordinate individualized care for each patient
- Promote communication among health care providers
- Assist with prompt scheduling of appointments
- Provide emotional support of patients and their loved ones
- Follow up with patients continually throughout treatment process
- Guide and assist patients in navigating the health care system
The latest power in 3D Mammography is here!
- 3D Mammogram
- Molecular Breast Imaging
- Wide-bore MRI
- Breast Biopsy
- Latest in Surgical Procedures
- Only facility in the Shoals that offers a Designated Breast Care team & Breast Nurse Navigator
The Keller Imaging Center
101 W. Saywell Street
Sheffield, AL 35660
Now offering SAVI SCOUT® Wire-Free Radar Breast Localization System
Helen Keller Hospital continues to demonstrate its commitment to offering the most advanced treatment options to patients with breast cancer by becoming the first hospital in the Shoals to adopt the SCOUT® Wire-Free Radar Breast Localization System in August 2019.
What it means for breast cancer patients
In addition to decreasing discomfort for patients, SCOUT increases the probability of complete cancer removal and reduces the likelihood of needing follow-up surgeries—a huge advantage for early-state breast cancer patients. In addition, the ability to strategically plan the incision may result in better cosmetic outcomes.
How it works
SCOUT uses non-radioactive, radar technology to provide real-time surgical guidance during breast surgery, eliminating the need to place a wire in the breast immediately before surgery. A SCOUT reflector is placed in the target tissue prior to the day of surgery at the patient’s convenience. This greatly decreases patient discomfort and helps precisely locate tumors within 1mm of accuracy.