The Kanuru Hospitality House
The Kanuru Hospitality House provides overnight lodging for family members who travel a long distance to be with a patient. The Kanuru Hospitality House was a project of the Helen Keller Hospital Foundation, through a generous donation from Dr. das Kanuru. Each unit of the duplex has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living area, kitchen, and laundry room. It is conveniently located on the Keller campus and is a short walk to the hospital.
Qualifications for lodging:
- Guests must live at least 50 miles from Helen Keller Hospital.
- Guests must have a family member who is currently a patient at the hospital.
- Referrals are made by social workers, nursing unit supervisors, or nurse supervisors. Guest referrals are considered in the order in which they are received.
- Check in time is 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. Keys are available for pickup at the HKH Emergency Department. Checkout is 1 p.m. or the time of the patient’s discharge. A maximum of 5 days is allowed. Upon checkout, keys must be returned to the Emergency Department.
- A $10 refundable key deposit is required at check in. There is a $20 per day charge to use the Kanuru house.
- Guests must present a valid driver’s license and credit/debit card at the time of check in.
For more information about the Kanuru Hospitality House, please call (256) 386-4590.